Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Windows Vista - do the upgrade

I've been working in Vista for the past 2 weeks as I didn't have time to really explore it's ins and outs, so I decided to set up my laptop to dual boot and try to use Vista as much as possible.

So far, as a Network Geek, I like it!

Sure it's flashy and anything looks better than the XP default "Fisher Price" theme, but that's not what I mean.

MS has taken the time to do many many things right. Things that drove a lot of folks away to Mac and Linux because it didn't look like Windows was ever going to get there.

That said, they failed miserably on IE7, and since that is the browser for Vista we'll be stuck with it for the next 6 years or so. They did manage to get PNG graphics to work right in it though, so all you web heads get working on your PNG based designs.

I'll be devoting the next few posts on here to several different areas that I think are worth noting in the Vista upgrade, starting with the new User model, Parental Controls, and IPV6 support. Check back often, unlike the past these updates will be sort of rapid-fire, I think one a day for a little while.

No comments: